Monday, January 11, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - January 2016!


What a great way to start the New Year!  2016 here we come!  I have my Stitch Fix set up to send me a new Fix once a month and in December it was supposed to be scheduled for Christmas Eve day.  I decided that I would wait until after the holidays to receive this Fix because it would just be more fun and less chaotic.  Plus, as I said what a fun way to start the new year!

I was 34 weeks pregnant when I received my Fix, so I'm definitely not hiding #3 anymore.  I asked my Stylist, Tina, to not send me anymore maternity clothes in this Fix or ever again for that matter.  I liked the maternity things that I received, but I'm just not willing to spend the money on them since I'm done soon and forever.  I'm going to be getting rid of everything here pretty soon, which is a great feeling actually, and a whole different blog posting!


I forgot to copy my comment to my Stylist this month, but in a nutshell I told her no more maternity clothes, I asked her for some more cold weather completer pieces (cardigans, jackets, vests, things that I can wear now and later), and I've been looking for some rose gold jewelry to change up the metals in my jewelry box.  I typically write to my Stylist right after I send back my last order and close out.  This way things are fresh on my mind, but if I think of things later, I'll go back and make changes as I think of things.

This is what her note said to me:

"Hello Amie! I added a selection of outerwear pieces this time for you to try on.  I found a wonderful purple cardigan that has a thicker knit, perfect for the winter season.  The RD Style jacket is more structured and has look similar to some of your pins.  It would look wonderful open until the baby arrives.  I thought you would love the Nakamol necklace as well since you're a geologist!  It's handmade in Thailand by local artisans from real quartz stones plus gold/silver plating.  It will be a great accent to any of your outfits.  I hope the holidays treated you well Amie!  Have an amazing new year.  -XOXO, Tina"

If you don't know how Stitch Fix works, check out all the details here.  Basically, it's a subscription box that sends you 5 items (clothing and accessories) for a $20 styling fee.  If you keep anything at all, the styling fee is applied to the items purchased. If you keep all 5 items you get 25% off the entire box!  It's pretty exciting to see what your stylist has in store for you, and to get things sent to you that you might not normally give a second thought to.  If you'd like to try it out here is my referral code.

Lets get onto the fun part....my 7th Fix!

I'm a cheater...I once again looked online to see if I could find anything on the internet before my box got here.  This time around I could actually only find two of the five things in my box, so it definitely left some mystery to what I was getting.

Market & Spruce Lanta Open Drape Cardigan - Small - $68.00

I was able to see this on on another blog and I wasn't sure what I thought of it.  When I saw it in the box, I really loved the purples.  I really LOVE purple, and want some more in my wardrobe.


I tried it on, and I wanted to be in love.  It was definitely a warm and cozy sweater, I'll give it that.  Overall it was just too big on me, and if I'm going to spend $60+ on a sweater I want it to fit the way that I want it to fit.  Granted I wasn't trying my all on the day that I was taking pictures (I refuse to put on shoes and change into skinny pants unless very necessary at this stage in my pregnancy).  I'm sure I could have styled it differently and probably would have liked it a bit better, but again still a stay at home kind of cardigan.

SENT BACK


RD Style Rhonda Faux Leather Jacket - Small - $78.00

I had pinned a bunch of outerwear to my Pinterest board this past month because I thought it would be fun to get some cute pieces.  I've seen a lot of cute pieces on other people's blogs, so I thought I'd give it a chance.

I don't own a faux leather or real leather jacket but I've always wanted one.  I was definitely excited to see this piece.  When I opened my Fix I was so happy that it wasn't black, it's grey.  I'm just not a huge black person.  I also loved the neckline and the paneling in the back and on the arms.  Such a neat idea!


Obviously, I can't actually zip up the coat at this time, but I know i will be able to once my bump is gone.  There is just so much give in this jacket which is awesome!  You know how some jackets are hard to move your arms in or really just move around in at all...this one isn't BECAUSE of the panels!  LOVE IT! I tried to get a couple good pictures of the panels too.

I actually decided I was buying this the day that I opened my box.  I was going out on the town with my husband and another couple and this jacket totally completed my outfit!  I'm so glad this was in my Fix this month.  Such a versatile piece for my closet.

KEPT!


Octavia Coleman Plaid Infinity Scarf - One Size - $34.00

I was able to check this one out on the internet too.  I wasn't sure about the colors, but I was definitely willing to give it a go.  I like green, but not always on me.  When I first saw it was just wasn't sure how I would like it, but it is SO SOFT.  I wanted to keep it to just keep touching it.


I don't wear these colors very much, and definitely not together.  Probably the only color that I actually own from this pallet is blue.  It was kind of a big scarf, but not as blanket like as the last scarf I was sent.  I could see myself wearing this one as a cold weather outside scarf, but probably not a fashion scarf if that makes sense.  I put it on with the RD Style Rhonda Faux Leather Jacket and I actually really loved the look.  I thought it was very cute and warm, but just because I like it with one thing in my wardrobe doesn't mean I'm going to have a ton of things to wear it with.  Unfortunately I had to say goodbye to the SUPER SOFT scarf.

SENT BACK


41Hawthorn Obelyn Patterned Drape Jacket - Small - $88.00

I had no idea what this piece was going to look like, but I did tell my stylist that I like the different material trend.  She definitely came through.  When I opened my box I thought this was going to be the for sure winner of this Fix.


I absolutely love the color pallet.  It's so different then things I typically see.


This jacket had so many things going for it.  It had nice draping and the seams were in great locations so that it didn't seem too bulky but fitted almost.  It also had pockets!  Very cool.  The material was very heavy duty, so I have no doubt that it would withstand mom-dom.  The more I looked at it though and the more I had it on the more I wasn't convinced that I loved it.  There were all kinds of thoughts going through my head...It's a little upholstery looking, It reminds me of an older lady, I don't know what the draping is going to look like sans bump.  Then I looked at the price and I just wasn't sure about $88.  


So, since I just could come to terms with what I thought of this jacket I had to let it go.

SENT BACK

Nakamol Seneca Quartz Crescent Necklace - Once Size - $38.00

This was my first piece of jewelry in a Fix, so I was pretty excited about it.  I told Tina that I'm a geologist, so the more "geologic" you can find the better!  This is the little number that she sent me.


When I first saw it, I thought how neat is this!  It's like nothing I've ever seen before.  As Tina stated in her note to me, it is hand crafted in Thailand by local artisans.  It wasn't exactly what I was envisioning in my Fix, but it's pretty awesome!

It can be worn at 3 different lengths due to the clasps that are spread out along the chain.  That's also a great feature.  


This is me, wearing it on the middle location so it could be longer or shorter then this.


I really thought it was so unique, but as I had it in my hand and on me I wasn't really sure what exactly I would wear it with.  And my life is pretty casual right now, so I think i need some more casual everyday type jewelry.  This is a wonderful piece and with the quartz has a bit of geology involved, but ultimately it's just not for me at this point in my life.

SENT BACK

Overall, Stitch Fix #7 was pretty awesome.  I love Tina more and more with every Fix she sends me.  She listens to what I'm saying and takes the time to check out my Pinterest board to see what I've been diggin' lately.  

I might have only kept one thing this time around, but I LOVE my new jacket to pieces, and, if I wasn't being so picking, I definitely could have kept everything and I would have been happy in the long run.  

Since my due date is February 9th, I've decided to take a couple month break from Stitch Fix.  I'm starting back up again mid-March though, and hopefully Tina will be back with me too!  We'll see how I'm feeling and how I want to be styled once I lose my bump!  


No comments:

Post a Comment