Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Baby Bump - 37 Weeks

We are getting so close now!  I remember with Alyssa and Luke that it's the last few weeks of pregnancy that seems to move like molasses.  I don't know if i feel that way yet this time around.  Time is still cruising by, and I'm struggling to find the time to get done everything that I want to get done before my time is up.  

I'm definitely feeling more swollen over the past couple of weeks.  I can feel it most in my hands and my calves/ankles.  I don't even know who's legs they are!  They're certainly not mine, that's for sure.  

Baby #3 at 36 weeks and 37 weeks
I don't know if it's just me, but I can definitely see a difference between my 36 week picture and my 37 week picture this week.  My stomach is growing!  This baby is growing!  And I'm getting chubbier in the face.  Ah the joys of pregnancy :)

I had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  Now I get to see my awesome OB doctor every week.  I feel like we're besties now :)  He's so full of comedy too.  Yesterday, he was making sure that baby was still head down, or locked and loaded as he called it, and he assured me that baby wouldn't be more than 9-12 pounds.  We both laughed and he said, "No no.  It's still pretty little."  I really love my OB and I hope he's able to make it for the birth this time around.  He was able to deliver Alyssa, but not Luke, so we'll see.  No other real updates at the doctor this week.  Baby's heart rate is at 140, which it pretty much has been in the ballpark the whole time.

This week also marks a big week for work.  I've moved into the town office from out at the mine.  It makes me and Brett feel so much better knowing that I'm not an hour away from the hospital.  I've never actually gone into labor during the middle of the day, but anything is possible.

How I'm Feeling: Overall...I'm feeling pretty cruddy lol.  I wish I could lie about it, but i can't!  I'm definitely waddling now, which really just makes me laugh.  I'm trying to drink as much water and move around as much as possible just to make myself feel better.

A couple of highlights would be:

  1. I did something to my upper back right around my right shoulder blade.  It just hurts like crazy when i sit certain ways, or do certain things.  Sometimes I just plain need to be standing because it hurts less.
  2. My pelvis hurts.  I know baby is in the right position because my pelvis tells me so.  Sometimes when I get up from sitting it hurts so bad to start walking around, or in the middle of the night when I try to change positions...it's a nightmare.  
I'm really not complaining because I know that it's all almost over, but these are just fun things about being so close to being done.  I can tell you this, this time around has not been as hard on my body as carrying Luke was.  Man he's a little tank!


Sleep:  Sleep has been a challenge.  I've been sleeping with a pillow between my legs some nights because I think it seems to help (some what) with my pelvis hurting.  The only downfall is that it makes me really warm when I sleep and I don't like that either.  Ultimately, I've been back and forth about using the pillow or not using the pillow.  Besides that, I've been sleeping pretty well.  I just want more of it :)

Movement:  Lots and LOTS of movement.  Jabs and rolls seem to be #3's preferred method of movement these days.  Sometimes, when I think it's stretching, it puts so much pressure on my bladder and cervix that it really does hurt.  Too bad there isn't anything that I can do about it at this point.  3 more weeks!

I don't know if I should put this here or not, but I've been having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions too.  Like all.the.time.  I just hope it's doing something and not just there to be annoying.

Food Cravings:  I have been so ridiculously hungry this week.  It's like nothing can fulfill my apatite.  I have been craving citrus actually.  I want a HUGE glass of orange juice right now, but my heartburn has also flared back up.  I'm trying to stay away, but sometimes I just can't.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing fits over the bump.  I decided that I'm carrying too low for maternity shirts.  3 more weeks and then I won't need them anymore, or at least not to fit over a huge bump, possibly like a 4-5 month bump.  That's way more manageable.

I seriously can't wait to have my body back and to be able to fit back into some of my regular clothes. I always feels like Christmas when you go back to your regular wardrobe because half of the stuff in there I have forgotten exists.

What are you looking forward to:  We've been pretty busy over the past couple of weeks getting ready for baby.  It's been a lot of work, and maybe has contributed to my back pain, but I can honestly say that I think we're ready for baby whenever #3 decides to make it's appearance.

37 weeks with Luke; 37 weeks with #3

I'm actually wearing the same shirt in my comparison picture for 37 weeks.  I don't know about these two.  I think it's hard to tell the difference this time!  Maybe I'm ever so slightly bigger with #3.  I just hope this baby doesn't break the 8 lb barrier.  I'd like to stay in the 7 lb range.  I guess we'll find out soon!



Do you have a guess as to what #3 might be?  Go!  Put your guesses in on my baby pool!




No comments:

Post a Comment