Thursday, January 14, 2016

Getting ready for #3 - Stage 1

This project is a multiple stage project.  Our current house is starting to get a little bit on the small side.  It's just a little over 1800 square feet total with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  It has been a great house, but now that there are going to be 5 people living in it we have to change things around.

I've decided that I'm breaking down this huge project into a few parts because it's just easier for me to grasp and handle getting a little bit done at a time.  We waited until after the holidays to get things ready for baby #3, and there's a part of me that's very glad that we did and a part that isn't so pleased about my decision.   I really got to enjoy the holidays with my family which was amazing!  And we got to do some fun projects and baking.  But at this stage in the game (36 weeks), I'm not as ambitious as I once was.  I'm getting tired a lot more quickly and my body just aches.

Anyway, no more whining.  These are things we need to get done!  So here are my stages:

  1. Move Luke into Alyssa's Room 
  2. Find Baby Things
  3. Clean Baby Things
  4. Set Up Baby's Room
  5. Wait for Baby 
This past weekend we tackled the crazy task of moving Luke into Alyssa's room in the basement.  

We started out with Luke upstairs in what I'd like to call the nursery still, and Alyssa downstairs in our 3rd bedroom.  

Disclaimer: There is a lot of mess and clutter while we are moving things around so I apologize in advance.


Alyssa's bedroom in the basement just kind of became that out of the blue, so we've VERY slowly added a few things here and there to her room to make it feel more like hers.  We also had a lot of our stuff in there too.  Check out the left corner of the room for example.  It is a stack of pillows, blankets, and computer towers.  Talk about an awesome storage spot lol.  



First we had to find a new home for all the "stuff" in Alyssa's room before we could even think about moving Luke's bed downstairs.  So we got to packing.  The awesome thing about having another house is that we can store things in it :)

In February, the in-laws are going to be heading to to see the new baby and to bring their annual shipment of beef.  It's become a big deal around here, so they bring down a trailer.  Let me tell you, that trailer is NOT going to be empty heading back up to the ranch.  I've got big plans to get rid of things around our house that we don't currently use or is just taking up space in this house.  We need as much room as we can possibly make!


So we moved out all the toys, pillows, and other things.  We were able to keep the printer in the room by just simple rearranging.   Now they share a room together!  

It's actually a perfect size room to fit their beds and books.  Luke was so excited when he saw his bed downstairs in sissy's room.  He climbed right up on it and snuggled it.  It was very adorable.  


Here is Luke in his bed in sissy's room the first night!


Let's just say they did ok.  There was a lot of coming out at the beginning, but once they fell asleep it was smooth sailing.  Now that it's been a few nights, Alyssa completely ignores Luke and just goes to bed.  She's such a sound sleeper anyway that it doesn't really matter what he does.  Thank the Lord!

As for the nursery, now that Luke's bed isn't in there I can start organizing what is in there.  I previously have spent some time doing a bit of restructuring in the closet.  I took out all of Alyssa's clothes and brought them downstairs, so now I have room for baby's clothes.  But this is where I started.  So much random stuff.


So I took most of it out and put a lot of it in storage, or threw things away.  I know it's not an amazing transformation at this point, but we're making progress.  That's what I'm happy about.  


When we were cleaning things out to move Luke's bed I also ran across a few baby things that I was excited to find, like my Boppy pillow.  I definitely will be needing that.  


Currently, I've been throwing things into the crib that I need to keep out for baby, and still need to clean.  Next stage is a TON of laundry.  I am looking forward to finding everything, but I for see a lot of cleaning in my future. Plus we are just going to be making a bigger mess before we can get things organized for good.  Good thing we have 4 weeks left!...hopefully :)

No comments:

Post a Comment