Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Baby Bump - 38 weeks

We are so in the home stretch now!  I know I just did one of these last week, but we're just getting too close now!  Only 2 weeks until my due date, and I've never actually made it to a due date before.  Who knows this could be my first!

I'm getting so big, and at this point in all my pregnancies I always get fat face.  I know it goes away, but there is definitely a bit of swelling going on all over.  Nothing that I'm alarmed about, but it happens every time.

38 weeks with #3
I had another doctor's appointment this week, and this time my doctor checked to see if we were making any progress (maybe TMI?).  We are sitting at 2 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and a -1 station.  I'm actually pretty much exactly where I was at this point with Luke.  That makes me believe that my thoughts about next week being the week that much more obtainable.  

Now on to the normal information :)

How I'm Feeling: I have good days and then I have bad ones.  Yesterday was a bad one.  I felt bad, but today at least starting off I'm feeling a lot better.  I think I just need to remember to get up and move around, and keep drinking TONS of water.  Yesterday I was kind of having time-able contractions too, about 20-30 minutes apart.  I really hardly can call them contractions and they obviously didn't continue through the night.  Now we keep pluggin' away until we feel actual crazy contractions!

Beyond that, I'm still just feeling pregnant and ready to meet our new little addition!  I'm starting to get a bit anxious about labor and delivery.  I just hope that it is a lot less stressful then it was with Luke, so I'm seriously praying that there is an anesthesiologist on hand and ready to go this time around.  I think it will help a lot that it isn't a major holiday too.

Sleep:  I've been getting sleep, the only bad part is the turning over to the other side part.  I feel like I almost have to wake up completely because I have to be sooo careful about re-situating.  I've been getting some crazy round ligament pains when I try to roll from side to side.  Besides, those pains sleeping has been going fairly well.  I'm getting some, so that's all that I care about right now.

Movement:  The movements that I'm feeling now are decreasing a little bit.  They are still there regularly and fairly often, but now they're bumps and jabs like #3 is just trying to find the space!  My bump isn't that big.  Come out and join us!

Food Cravings:  I still want to eat everything, but I'm trying to no be super crazy.  I feel like every pregnancy ends this way.  I do so well and then at the very end I'm like, "I'm hungry".  So then I eat everything in sight.  I'm still on track with my weight gain though, so I'm not super concerned about at all really.  Just more of an observation I suppose.  

Maternity Clothes: I've already started to buy clothes for my post pregnant body.  I'm probably being a little premature, but I'm SO excited!  I bought myself a pair of SPANX leggings today that I'm really excited about.  Such a great deal on Zulily today I couldn't pass it up.  I figure these babies are going to be perfect while I'm trying to get back in shape.  Help me suck it all in!

I'm also REALLY excited to get back into Stitch Fix.  After my last Fix, I decided to take a break for a couple of months.  I've got my next scheduled for mid-March.  Right before Easter actually, so I'm excited to ask about maybe some Easter clothes!  Can't wait to see what Tina puts in my box next time!

What are you looking forward to:  At this point, I'm just looking forward to meeting baby #3 for the first time.  I can't wait to see what he/she looks like and give it a name.  I'm just so excited to meet the final member of our family.  It's a very exciting feeling!  So whenever this little one decides to come I think we'll be ready for it.

Now for a comparison pictures of me with #3 versus me with Luke.  I don't have a picture at this stage with Alyssa because I didn't get this far.  She came at 37 weeks 6 days.  Besides that, this will be my last comparison picture at all because I didn't take any pictures after this week with Luke either.  Even though I made it to 39 weeks 2 days with him.  So, this will be it for this kind of picture.  I don't know if I really get much bigger then this though.  

38 weeks with Luke; 38 weeks with #3
This concludes the current happenings of my bump.  This could be my last bump post, but for some reason I'm thinking I'll probably have another one next week.  Who knows though!  You'll just have to check back next week to see how it all goes down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment