Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Luke's 2nd Birthday!

On January 1st, we rang in the New Year buy celebrating my little man's 2nd birthday.  It's really an awesome way to start the year, every year! 


Reflecting on his two years of life, I'm just so proud of him.  I know that might sound weird since he's only 2, but I truly am.  He's just such a wonderful little kid.  He's full of joy, and compassion.  My little Lukey has such a kind soul.  I definitely can't get enough of his snuggles.  I love how he say, "Hi Mom, Hi Dada, Hi Sissy".  If you've ever watched Daniel Tiger you'll know what I'm talking about.  One of the sweetest little things he does is he'll get really close to your face, rub his nose on your nose and say, "ugga mugga Mom" really quietly.  It melts my heart every time.

I can't wait to see what this year brings for him.  Obviously he's going to be a big brother for the first time!  I'm VERY excited to see how he treats our new baby.  I think he's going to be very sweet, but you never do know with kids.

Now for the birthday boys big day!

To start the day out, we had balloons with Blaze and the Monster Machines!  Luke's favorite right now.  And we had little mini doughnuts, also a favorite.  He loves the chocolate ones the best.


Grandma and Grandpa Garcia were in town, so we decided to go out for brunch at Eggington's to celebrate Luke's birthday.  Luke LOVES his breakfast.  I believe he ate three scrambled eggs, some fruit, and a bit of pancake before he was through.  Oh and I can't forget the freshly squeezed orange juice either :)


Once brunch was over we (the ladies of the group) had to get back home to frost and decorate our Blase and the Monster Machines birthday cake!  I've been envisioning this cake for a while now.  I've been pinning things on Pinterest too.

Here is how it turned out!


Luke was SO excited when he saw it.  He wanted to add a bunch more trucks to his cake, plus he wanted to add his large Blaze truck.  Which would have been the whole cake, so we had to keep convincing him that it looked ok as is.  

And before we were through, Luke had to have a "taste" of the frosting.


Then, it was time to eat cake!  Luke had been waiting to bust into that cake all day.  All he could talk about was cake!  If you want to watch the Happy Birthday video you can watch it here.  He was so happy and he looked kind of surprised as well.

There is so much concentration when it comes to opening gifts.  Luke has it down though after Christmas and his birthday this year.  Alyssa was getting impatient with him because he wasn't just tearing things up.  He was pretty particular.  


I would have to say his favorite present has been his lawn mower from Uncle John, Aunt Carolynn, Isaiah and Isaac.  He just LOVES pushing that things around the house.  I think he liked it even more because his sister wanted it too.  

Overall, I think Luke had a fabulous 2nd birthday.  It was very low key, but he was all smiles and full of happiness the whole day through.  It was so much fun to watch him have his special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment