Thursday, January 7, 2016

Baby Bump - 35 weeks

Another 2 weeks have gone by.  Now I'm really starting to feel it.  If i remember correctly this is when things got real when I was pregnant with Luke too.  

There are 5ish weeks left and I think I'm ready?  Maybe?  I don't know if anyone is ever really ready.  There are definitely things that I still need to get done, like finding everything in storage and getting it washed.  We have also decided that we're going to be moving Luke into Alyssa's room probably this weekend.  I'm SUPER nervous about that one.  I guess we'll see how that all works out.

34 weeks with #3; 35 weeks with #3
I had a doctor's appointment this week, and now we're moving to one appointment every week.  I'm going to see my doctor a lot now.  This time I had to get my Tdap vaccine, my Group B strep test, and my doctor checked to see what baby's position is.  I am very happy to announce that baby is head down!  I have had sooooo much anxiety about the position of this little being, and it's good to hear that #3 is locked and loaded!

I also had my prehospitalization registration.  I hear that not everywhere does this and I'm so very thankful that my hospital does because there is no way that I'd want to fill out paperwork in labor.  There are some really great questions that you get asked.  My favorite was probably: Is your husband the father of your baby?  Love it.  The lady that was doing my registration said they've had some pretty good stories.  Boy would I love to be a fly on the wall there!

So overall this week has been very busy, but productive.  I'm basically ready to go whenever #3 decides to make its appearance.

Now for the nitty gritty.

How I'm Feeling: As I said before, I'm starting to really feel things happening.  I've been having pelvic pains, and it's just plain hard to move around.  One of the worst things about having a winter baby is that you have to wear shoes, and they're not always slip on.  I can tell this baby is getting ready to go because it is sitting LOW.  Just like its big brother.

I've also started to swell a bit.  Nothing alarming, but I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring this week.   I can tell that my ankles and calves have swollen a bit as well.

Sleep:  I have not been sleeping well at all.  With the combination of Luke waking up at random times, and me tossing and turning, it makes for little actual good sleep.  It's so hard to turn over in bed these days too.  My stomach is just so stinkin' heavy!  I've probably grained about 20-25 lbs so far, and I'm definitely feeling that.  I guess we're just getting ready for baby to come.

Movement:  There is still a lot of movement only now it's intentional and angry sometimes.  #3 is loosing space fast and taking it out on my bladder and my ribs.  When we make the hour drive to and from work #3 is ALL OVER THE PLACE.  It's gotten to be super uncomfortable.  At first it was cute because I knew that I would be feeling my baby moving around, but now it just makes me have to go to the bathroom.

Food Cravings:  I haven't had too many lately actually.  I just want to eat food.  Sometimes I feel like I'm so hungry I could eat everything.  Then other days nothing at all sounds good to me.  It's very strange for me.  I'm just going with the flow though and trying to get in as many good calories as I can.

Maternity Clothes: I'm still wearing a few shirts that fit me properly.  I just rotate, so I'm pretty sure at this point I'm wearing the same few shirts every week.  I'm definitely ok with that.  I try to change it up with what I'm wearing over it or with accessories.  It's been enough of a variety to keep me from going crazy.

What are you looking forward to:  I am looking forward to getting some things prepared for #3.  Now that things are finally settling down from the holidays it's time.  I think this weekend we are going into storage to find clothes!  I'm excited to bring them all out again because it's been 2 years since I've seen all the newborn clothes.  Every time I look at them I can't believe how tiny a newborn is especially compared to my two big kids!  We will see how much we can get done this weekend and I'll update you on our progress.

I finally have my belly shots from all 3 pregnancies!  Bumps at 35 weeks.  I think #3 looks "fuller" from top to bottom.  Alyssa was for sure the highest baby, and #3 looks like it's working on being the lowest.  Gravity speaks.  What do you think?

Do you have a guess as to what #3 might be?  Go!  Put your guesses in on my baby pool!

35 weeks with Alyssa; 35 weeks with Luke, 35 weeks with #3




No comments:

Post a Comment