Monday, February 29, 2016

Olivia - 1 month


Olivia is officially one month old!  Sorry for all the baby posts lately, but she's the newest thing in my life and I spend all day with her...so what else do I have to talk about!  So...once again...Olivia is one month old!  She is growing like a weed too.  I can see how much she has changed in only a month too.  

I decided with Olivia to do monthly pictures.  I didn't do it with either of the other kids, and I somewhat feel bad.  Olivia needs some things that the other kids didn't have though, being #3 and all.  A little about my picture.  The lamb was a present from big sister Alyssa.  We went to Hobby Lobby a couple of weekends ago and she knew Olivia needed this lamb.  How could I resist Alyssa when she was being such a great and caring big sister?!  I couldn't, so Olivia has this little lamb now.  A friend of mine owns a business called Simsbury Manor Designs and she created this cute little chalk board!  I saw it on her Facebook page and needed one for myself.  She also has some really cute things for Easter that I've been eyeing, but that's a whole different post.

Now I'm going to tell you a bit of the highlights of Olivia's first month of life.  Since babies don't do a whole lot at this stage we'll keep it short and sweet.  Here is a picture of her from each week of her life so far!


Sleep: Olivia is a decent sleeper.  At her longest stretch, she sleeps about 3-3.5 hours at a time.  She has hit 5 hours once!  I can't wait until she does that more often.  Thankfully she has her days and nights figured out.  She sleeps her best at night, and sleeps a lot choppier during the day.  I'm SO ok with that.  It's kind of tiring during the day, but it could be so much worse.  She's slowly starting to figure out how to get herself back to sleep.  After four weeks she's starting to get the hang of things, but we've still got a ways to go.  
Total sleep: 14-16 hours a day



Eating: She has a pretty good appetite.  She never really did lose any weight, a few ounces at most.  She's still a little peanut being only 8 pounds currently.  She typically wants a bottle every 3 hours, give or take a little.  She went from eating about 1 ounce at a time to approaching 4 ounces at one feeding.  She's a hungry girl!  She's been getting a bit more fussy and wanting to cluster feed a bit more often now that she's older and awake more often.  It's very trying, but we're trying to figure it out.  She's also showing good promise since she eats the bulk of her food during the day, and really cuts back during her feedings at night.  I think she's going to figure this out sooner then later.  

Total food: 18-22 ounces a day



Awake Time: Olivia doesn't have a ton of awake time at this point, but when she is awake we try to keep her engaged.  She LOVES to stare at anyone that's willing to talk to her.  She also gave me her first smile yesterday (Feb. 28th)!  I was so excited to see it!  She has had some tummy time and time under her play mat to watch lights and the mobile.  When she's awake, she likes to be held.  



Siblings: We have to keep here where we can see her because her sister and brother REALLY love her.  Sometimes it's very sweet to watch them all, and sometimes I feel like they are attacking her.  I think she feels the same way.  We have to teach the big kids how to treat their little sister.  Evidently it's hard not to get up in Olivia's face when you're near her.  Overall, they really do love their little sister and are very helpful.  


We have had a good first month.  A lot of firsts and lasts, since Olivia is our last baby.  It's kind of bittersweet, but I'm ready.  I know I'm going to have moments of sadness watching other people continue to grow their families, but I know that our family is complete.  It's time to enjoy and give all the love to my three beautiful children.




No comments:

Post a Comment