Monday, February 22, 2016

Olivia - 3 weeks and Newborn Session



I can't believe Olivia is already three week old!  Time really does fly by.  It's been a pretty good 3 weeks with a newborn too.  She's been pretty sleepy still.  I think just now she's starting to try to stay up a bit more, but she just gets herself over tired and then it's not so much fun for mom.  At least typically, she has these moments during the day and not in the middle of the night.  She's been giving me 2-3 hour stretches of sleep, which isn't what I want, but I can definitely deal with it most of the time.  

The big kids have been so excited about their baby sister, or as Luke calls her, baby sissy.  Alyssa loves to help take care of Olivia.  When she's crying, Alyssa loves to sing to her to comfort her.  It's very sweet.  Luke also loves his baby, but he's had a lot of fun playing with her stuff...or sitting in it.


When Olivia was 1 week old, we had newborn pictures taken by RGB Photography.  She did such a wonderful job!  This time instead of just getting pictures of our newborn, we opted to get a few pictures with the whole family.  I think it was definitely worth it.  


Since Olivia was supposed to be here in February, I planned to have Valentine's Day themed pictures with the kiddos.  I think they still turned out really nice.




These two are a few of my favorites.  She captured a smile.


And this picture with Brett is just adorable.


Those are a few pictures from our photo shoot.  Olivia also had her first bath when she was 2 weeks old and LOVED it!  She was so calm.  The other two kids hated their first bath and just screamed.  Olivia thought she was at a spa or something.  She just closed her eyes and enjoyed.


We went to her 2 week well baby check up on February 17th, and she now weighs 7lbs 6oz and is 20 inches long.  She's doing really well!  She had to get her heal poked, and wasn't a big fan of that.  It was one of those sad mom moments, but we made it though.  

Now here are just a few pictures that I like from her first few weeks of life.




Olivia at 1 week and again at 3 weeks.  She's getting a little more pudge in her face, and now I'm starting to see her siblings in her more and more every day.  I'm excited to compare pictures of all three kids in the future.  




No comments:

Post a Comment