Thursday, February 25, 2016

Decorating Our Master Bedroom



I haven't talked about our house in a while, so I thought I'd give you some insight into what I've been dreaming up.  I've pretty much been considering the furniture for our master bedroom since we started building the house.  

The basic things in the room right now are the flooring and the paint color.  We have bamboo flooring throughout the whole main floor (minus the bathrooms and mudroom).  The paint is called Naval by Sherwin Williams.  Since our master bedroom has so much natural light coming into it, we figured we could go for a more daring dark blue color.  I love how it turned out!  But since we went with such a dark paint color, I want to brighten it up with neutrals.  

I'm going to use bright white blackout curtains.  I haven't found the perfect ones yet, so I have nothing to post for you there, but you can get the idea of white curtains.  I'm also going to put a 9x12 white shag area rug under our bed.  I've been eyeing something like this from Pier One.  I think it's going to feel amazing on my feet when I wake up.


The one thing that I've been having the most trouble deciding on it the actual bed.  I know that I want to get an upholstered bed in a light grey color.  Beyond that, I have ideas of what I would like to have, and I have things that I can't do because Brett doesn't like them.  I personally really love tufting on a headboard.  I would love to see that.  Ok...I take it back.  I think I have found what I think is an amazing bed, but I don't want to spend the money.  Good one Macy's for ruining things for me.  So here is what I would LOVE to have.

So here are a couple that we are actually considering.  I would say this first one most resembles my "dream bed".  It's more masculine for sure.  Both of these beds we found on Wayfair.com.

Alma Panel Bed
Amber Platform Bed
I've got a lot to think about there.  I think they're both really nice looking beds and will go great in the space.  I just don't know which one I like best.  

The next question is what to put on the bed?  Originally, I've been looking for something that is mostly white with some grey accents on it.  I haven't been able to find exactly what I have envisioned in my mind.  I'm starting to feel like that is the norm. Whatever I'm thinking doesn't really exist, or it does but it's way out of what I want to spend.  Anyway, I think I've found something that I'm excited about, but here's the catch.  It comes in both grey and blue.



These are from Pottery Barn, and I love how simple the pattern is.  Plus it's mostly white so I think that'll be good, once again, to help brighten up the room.  I'm starting to lean towards the blue because I think it will just bring more color into the room.  What do you all think?  I need some help!

That's kind of a sneak peak as to where I'm going with the decor in the room.  It makes me excited to be able to fully design and decorate my master bedroom retreat.  Let me know if you have any suggestions because I'm MORE than open to it!  




No comments:

Post a Comment