Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Stitch Fix Review - November


It's been a LONG time since I've done a Stitch Fix review, but I'm really excited that this time it's a maternity Stitch Fix, kind of.  This is my first time receiving a maternity one, and I definitely told them in my note to my stylist that I didn't want too many true maternity pieces, so I really had no idea what to expect.  I have checked out other maternity Stitch Fix posts on the internet, and they all seem very different and unpredictable.  So here we go!



This was my note to my stylist this month:

"I am definitely showing now, but this is my last pregnancy.  I could use some layering pieces though.  I don't want to spend a lot on actual maternity wear, but if there's something really cute I will consider.  I'm very much into plaids right now for the fall.  Cardigans would be great for now and after baby.  I'm a sucker for elbow patches, and I've been doing a lot of pinning on my Pinterest board."


Here is her note back to me: 


"Hi Amie!  I'm sorry I couldn't find any plaid for you in this next Fix.  It's a very hot trend right now and we keep running out of pieces!  I'll try my very best to send you a cute flannel or button down top in your next Fix.  Instead I added a variety of tops that you can wear throughout the rest of your pregnancy and after the baby arrives as well!  They're all on the longer side so they'll look wondreful with leggings.  The Daniel Rainn blouse has a flowier cut.  Add on a belt to accentuate your growing baby bump!  I though the Pixley cardigan looked similar to one of your pins.  It has an earthy boho look that I thought you'd love.  I hope you enjoy this Fix and would love to hear your feedback! -XOXO, Tina



To start off my Fix, I have to say that I was sooo very excited to see that Tina was once again my stylist.  She was my stylist for my last Fix (which I didn't end up sharing), but I kept all 5 pieces!  She did a really awesome job at listening to what it was that I wanted.  She did a really great job this time too, but I'd say there were some fit problems this time.  So overall, I actually LOVE all of the pieces that she picked out for me this month, but I'm just not sure about how they fit or about how they're going to fit once I'm not pregnant anymore.  None of the clothes that she sent me were actually maternity clothes, which is basically what I asked her for.  I was kind of surprised that they didn't try to sneak one in actually.

So, here are the 5 pieces that I received in my Fix this month...


RD Style Calandri Contrast Sleeve Poncho - Small - $68.00
Status - Returned

I have to admit that I took a sneak peak at what was coming in the mail.  I really try not to, but it's been awhile since I've gotten a Fix so I just wanted to know!  Anyway, now that that's off my chest we can get down to business.



When I found out that this piece was in my box, I had mixed feelings.  I've never owned anything like this before, and it definitely had me excited.  I like the fact that it has contrasting sleeves built in...so awesome and convenient, and I really don't think you can go wrong with grey and black for the fall/winter.  It also had fun buttons on the side.  Plus, with my baby bump I figure this would definitely cover it up for the rest of my pregnancy.



Then I tried it on...now, I'm a small person, 5'2", so I have to be worried about too much bulk/fabric.  This poncho DEFINITELY was too much.  It made me sad though.  If there was less of it, I definitely would have kept this piece.  So I'm sad to say that I still do not own a poncho.



Daniel Rainn Camulos Henley Tunic - Small - $68.00
Status - Returned

When I took a peek at my Fix, I was not very excited about this shirt.  I saw it on someone else and I just thought to myself that's way too boho for me.  I'm totally not going to like it at all.  Well Tina, you've got me again!  I actually love the look of it.  The pattern is really nice, and the buttons are these really cute little metal balls (which I later discovered came undone very easily).  It is also a high-low, which I'm really starting to love! The fabric is nice and heavy, which is also great since we're heading into winter.  There is actually a button on the sleeve so if you wanted to roll them up you could wear it that way as well.  I just opted to wear it as a blouse this time.  


Here is a close up of the fabric pattern.  I thought it was really neat.  The green spots are like little leaves.  Probably not for everyone, but I was into it.


I put on some skinny jeans and boots to go with it, and since I have a bump I decided to belt it, and it turned out really cute.  I love this as a maternity outfit, but that's also the problem.  I don't know if it's going to transition well to non-pregnant Amie.  Once again...there is a lot of fabric and that works when you're pregnant, but I'm kind of convinced that it's going to make me look pregnant when I'm not.  Since there was so much thought having to go into my decision, I just decided against it.  It's kind of an expensive shirt to be gambling on.  Maybe if the shirt was less than $50, I would have struggled a bit more.



RD Style Maureen Twisted Seam Elbow Patch Sweater - Small - $64.00
Status: Returned

In a perfect non-pregnant world, this would be my jam.  I LOVE elbow patches.  Please don't hate on me.  I love the high low cut of this sweater, but since I'm pregnant the high part just barely covers up my bump right now.  I'm only 26 weeks!  This bump is going to become huge.  I keep trying to justify to myself that it will be fine once I don't have a bump anymore, which is probably true.  But there are a few things that I just wasn't in love with.


Once I got over the bump and take a look at the sweater itself, I think the neckline is a little big for me.  Kind of scoop neck-esque even.  I'm not a huge fan of the color either.  It kind of washes me out I think.  If it were maybe in a fun jewel tone I would be all over it.  So sadly...even though it has elbow patches, I'm going to have to return this one too :(



Pixley Kaity Open Cardigan - Small - $78.00
Status - Kept

This was the only piece from my Fix that I couldn't find an image of when I looked online.  I assumed it would just be a open cardigan in a solid color, which I was ok with but not super excited about.  When I opened up my style card and saw a picture of this, I was immediately excited!  This is pretty much exactly what I have been wanting!   An open cardigan that was warmer/heavier than the usual cardigan.  It gets cold here in Wyoming! (sorry for the color variations, it's more like the one on the left)


I put it on and the first thing that came to my mind was how soft it is.  It has an angora/cashmere mix in it and you can definitely tell by the feel of it.  It's so soft!  Just looking at it  you might assume it to be rough, but it is deceiving my friends.  I just want to cuddle up on my couch, drink hot chocolate and watch it snow (maybe not quite yet though).

I wasn't exactly sure about the fit at first because the sleeves seemed just a tad on the long side, but once i rolled the cuff up, I was more than happy with the fit.  I did contact Stitch Fix to see if they happened to have this sweater in an XS and what the difference would be between the two.  They promptly replied to tell me that they didn't have an XS.  So, I'm definitely glad I kept this one!


Besides all of the previously mentioned reasons to keep this sweater, I can definitely wear it now and after #3 gets here.  It's going to be perfect for February while I'm on maternity leave.  Leggings here I come!

And here is a quick pic of my little photo bomber.  He's pretty cute ;)



Market & Spruce Aleah Heathered V-Neck Dolman Top - Small - $48.00
Status - Returned

I know Stitch Fix has a reputation for sending out a lot of dolman tops in a variety of shapes and colors.  I actually kept one with my last Fix because I kept the whole box, so with the 25% off it was cheaper for me just to keep it even though I wasn't in love with it.  Anyway, I'm not into this one either.  It's just not my style.


It's navy blue, which I actually do like the color especially for fall/winter.  I just was not at all in love with the neckline.  In the pictures I actually don't think it looks too bad, but I know it would just constantly bother me all day long.  I would be checking to make sure my bra strap wasn't showing, and that's just so annoying!  The length and fit was great with my baby bump, and I know that I would be able to wear it throughout the rest of my pregnancy and beyond.

My husband took these.  I was trying to get some better light, so it's kind of hard to see the bottom of the shirt and how it fits.  But trust me when I say this could definitely be considered a tunic if you wanted it to be.  It was stretchy enough that you could play with it to make it the length that you wanted it to be, or are most comfortable with.


I don't know maybe I should have kept this one?  What do you think?


Conclusions

After trying on everything in this Fix I'm contemplating changing my sizes to XS.  A lot of the things that I have been getting, I've just been swimming in, but I would hate to jinx myself and get everything too small next time.  So I'll have to think on that for next time.  

Overall, I think this Fix turned out to be a great one.  I didn't keep everything like I did the last time, but I really loved where Tina was going with my box.  I think she has the right idea.  I really wish there was some flannel in this Fix, but it's a popular thing right now, so maybe next time.  

For my next Fix, I'm going to have to tell Tina that I would like some brighter colors.  For some reason I feel like I get a lot of grey and navy.  I would like to see some fun bright colors because I just like them :)  I'm going to start getting a Fix once a month I think and we'll see where that takes us.  I have been getting them just as I please, and that's been fun too.  So we'll see what Tina has in store for us next month!

If you're looking to get a Fix of your own check out my referral link.  It's a lot of fun, and i truly believe that there is something for everyone.  Go check out their website or some other Stitch Fix reviews.  If you try it out, let me know what you think!  I'd love to hear.  


No comments:

Post a Comment