Thursday, November 5, 2015

Halloween 2015

I know most people have already shared about Halloween, so I'm a bit behind, but it's only November 5th.  I count this as a win :).  We started the day off with great anticipation for when Trick or Treating was going to happen.  It was finally here!  

Alyssa this year wanted to be Elsa which was really easy because she already had an Elsa dress.  So for her costume I literally had to do nothing.  It was excellent.  I'm not banking on that again for next year.  I had a really cute penguin costume for Luke, but when we told him we were leaving the house to go Trick or Treating he was hardly into it.  Instead of making him SUPER mad, I dug this Sully from Monsters Inc. costume out of my Halloween box from a couple of years ago.  So both of my kids have been Sully for a year.  It's a very simple costume and he was ok with it.  

The first activity of the day was Downtown Trick or Treating.  After Luke took a quick nap, we headed downtown to see what was going on down there.  


It was really busy, which it always is, but it was also kind of disappointing this year.  I've gone downtown for the past 3 years, and this time was the worst by far.  Now, don't get me wrong, I totally understand that there are hundreds of kids coming downtown to Trick or Treat so it costs local businesses a lot of money for candy and stuff.  A lot of them were really stingy though.  They gave out like one little tootsie roll or hard candy.  It was just disappointing.  Alyssa kept asking if she was going to get more candy.  We told her that she would definitely get more when we went out after dinner.  


Once we were done with Downtown Trick or Treating we headed back home.  For dinner we have a wonderful pumpkin pizza from Papa Murphy's.  Alyssa loved it b/c it had a smiley face and because it was mostly cheese pizza.


We also got our pumpkins ready on the porch.  This year we actually grew our pumpkins in our garden, so we were pretty impressed with how big they grew.  Brett carved Luke a scary pumpkin and Alyssa a kitty pumpkin.  They both turned out really cute :)


Oh and one of the friendly neighborhood squirrels got a hold of the scary pumpkin and started to eat its mouth...I guess we're helping everyone for Halloween.



Once all that was done, we decided to get our costumes on once again and head out.  This was the best picture I could get of them together...


Luke was really excited to put his costume back on because this time he know what it ment...CANDY!  He really got into it too.  Instead of saying Trick or Treat he just said Treat as he walked up to the doors.  And here is my clan out Trick or Treating.  The weather was actually half way decent.  It wasn't too cold, but it was VERY windy.


They both filled up their entire bag with candy, which is definitely way too much candy so I had to put it in ziploc bags and hide most of it for a later date.


I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween, and enjoyed time with their family.  Next up...Thanksgiving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment