Thursday, November 19, 2015

Baby #3 Sex Predictions

A lot of people are starting to take a guess as to what sex Baby #3 is going to be.  This is one reason why I LOVE to not find out before baby comes.  This isn't our first rodeo of not finding out the sex either.  It's been fun in the past, plus it's so much fun to hear all the predictions.

I decided, since I love guessing myself so much, that I'm writing this post to tell all about the wife's tales that are out there and give you the low down based on how my pregnancy has been going.

Here we go!

As some of you might already know, there are a TON of website and things on the internet that want to help you predict what the sex of your baby is going to be whether you know already or not.  I decided to take a few of these surveys to see what they would say about #3.

The first survey I took was from Parents.  These are the questions that they asked me, and what my responses were.

1. Stand in front of the mirror and turn to the side.  When you look at your profile, is your baby bump high and directly under your chest?  Or does your pregnant belly sit low on your abdomen?

LOW (have you seen my bump?)

2. Next time you go to the ob-gyn, ask what the heart rate of you soon-to-be newborn is.  Is the number less than 140 beats-per-minute?

No - #3 has been somewhere between 140-150 pretty much the whole time

3. Grab a mirror and check your complexion.  Did pregnancy evaporate your acne, leaving you with a smooth, healthy glow?

Yes - I'm saying yes because usually when I'm pregnant I get ALL the acne

4. Time to check your partner out.  Is he gaining weight along with you -- or packing on even more pounds than you have?

No - Brett is pretty much exactly the same.  He's never gained with me though

5. If it were up to you, would you skip dinner altogether and head straight for dessert?

No - This is a funny question though, because I LOVE sweets even when I'm not pregnant

6. Do you find that since you've been pregnant you can't seem to stand up without tripping over your own feet?

No - I am just fine with my balance.  Nothing has changed there.

7. Do you feel an overwhelming desire to chow down on anything salty, like a big bag of chips or a salt-crusted pretzel?

No - this was a hard one for me to answer.  At this stage in the game no, but at the beginning of my pregnancy all I wanted was salty foods, which is definitely not my style

8. If a friend catches a glimpse of you from behind, can she tell you're pregnant?

No - but that's been the case with both of my previous pregnancies as well

9. During your first trimester, did you wonder what all the fuss about morning sickness was?

No - I didn't wonder.  Although, I never was actually physically sick, but I sure felt bad

10.  Have your legs become so hairy that you're worried you're morphing into Bigfoot?

No - fortunately


I went through the whole 10 questions and they predict that we're having a BOY.  Then, I felt like i was on a roll so I did a few more surveys.  The next one I took was at BabyCenter.  It had similar questions and it told me that we are having a GIRL.  


So now we're 1:1 boy to girl.

Next, I completed a quiz on TinyPrints, which I thought was interesting since it's a website that sells photo cards, calendars and all that good stuff.  I decided that this made me interested, so I took it.  Similar questions as before, but this time my results said that "they can't determine the sex of my baby...it's a surprise!".  We already knew it was a surprise though...so definitely interesting, but no real results from that quiz.

Then, i ran across another survey at Sanatogen Pregnancy, which is a company that sells vitamins basically.  This one I found particularly interesting.  I took the quiz but it told me the percentage for the chance of a girl or a boy.  Ultimately, it told me that we were having a GIRL, but the percentage told me that it was pretty close to the same results as the TinyPrints quiz.  It was 42% boy and 58% girl.  


So, overall I think the internet quizes are telling me that we are having a girl.  I guess we'll find out in February for sure!  

If you are interested in making your own prediction for me I have started an online baby pool!  I absolutely LOVE doing these things, and we did one just like this for Luke.  I am using the same website called Until it Happens.  I thought it was so much fun last time and the site is so easy to use!  I have added some helpful information to try to make an educated guess, but you just never do know with babies!  They do what they want :)  

If you're interested check out my site and put in your predictions today!  







No comments:

Post a Comment