Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fall Family Picture Reveal

I'm finally getting around to doing this post.  I haven't waited too long since we only had the pictures taken a couple of weeks ago.  So here they are!  The big reveal :)

We had them taken on a Tuesday morning b/c we happened to be up at the ranch for a long weekend because of weening.  Everyone was in good spirits that morning, the sun was out, and it wasn't crazy windy anymore (the two days before were ridiculous!).  Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good about our odds of getting a good picture.  So I got everyone ready in their outfits and Kat from Little Life Photography was right on time.  She went to take a look around the area to find some good picture locations, and when she got back we all took off.  

The first challenge was Izzy, the family dog.  She decided that as long as we were around the house, she was going to come and sit right next to us.  Not that we all don't love Izzy, but we didn't really want her in our family pictures.  So, while Brett was trying to get her to go sit somewhere else, we snapped a few pictures of me and the kids.  


Alyssa was SO excited to take pictures, 


but Luke on the other hand...he was less than thrilled.  And he definitely let us know.  I'm pretty sure he was having a rough time with his molars coming in that weekend.  As you can see in the previous picture, he had his finger in his mouth.  He didn't want to be put down either.  Unfortunately, that means we didn't get any pictures of Luke on his own except for one...on the 4-wheeler.


We we able to get a picture of Luke with Brett and I individually, but nothing together or with Alyssa.  And even those were forced.  Hopefully we'll be able to get some good pictures of the kids once #3 is here.  I've got another photo session scheduled in February :)



We were able to get a few pictures of the family that I think turned out really well though, so I can't be upset about it all together.  I'm actually really happy that we FINALLY have a new family picture (right before #3 comes into the picture).  Our last family pictures were taken when Alyssa was 1 and she's 4 now...I'm a bit behind.


After we took the pictures in the trees, Luke decided that he was done and he was going to just break down. So...we let him have a little tantrum in the grass, and Brett and I got a few pictures with each other REALLY quickly!




It's been awhile since we've gotten a picture taken of us together.  And there's my little #3 bump as well.  Technically, these are the first pictures that we've taken with our whole family :)  I kinda like that.

Overall, it was a crazy morning, but we did get a few great pictures to be happy about.  I just can't get over how cute our little family is!  Now you'll have to wait until February to see more professional photos of our growing family.  I know I can't wait to get more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment