Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Stitch Fix Review - December


I know I haven't blogged about all 6 of my Fixes, but I'm going to be better about it from here on out.  I really love my stylist - Tina, so I think we're on the up and up!  I received this Fix on Black Friday which was awesome, because it was a long weekend and I was clearly at home to wait for it to come!  I have been anxious about this fix and probably the next few because I am getting bigger now being that i'm 30 weeks pregnant, and I just don't know what to expect!  Tina did a fabulous job though.  She really doesn't ever disappoint :)

Now when you set up a Stitch Fix, it asks you to send a personal note to your stylist before they put together your Fix.  This is what I said in mine for this month:

"More warm sweaters in fun colors are appreciated.  I would love something in purple.  Also, my maternity style is generally form fitting, stretchy clothes that are a little bit on the long side so they continue to fit over my growing bump.  I'd love to get a metallic clutch for holiday parties. I've also been seeing a lot of flannel infinity scarves that I really like.  If you want more info from my last Fix check out my blog.  I wrote about it :)  http://citytoranchandmore.blogspot.com/"

Then, when you get your Fix, they write you back a little note, and this is what was said in mine:

"Hello Amie! Thank you so much for reviewing my Fix on your blog! The pictures really help me get an idea of what will work for your silhouette.  I added the Madigan top this time as a better elbow patch option compared to the one from the previous Fix.  It is maternity specific and should be long enough for your third trimester bump.  Layer it with the 41Hawthorn and Look by M plaid wrap scarf for extra warmth! We didn't have any infinity style in stock so I included the wrap as an alternative.  The Street Level metallic purse has a removable chain so you can use it as a clutch too.  I hope you find this Fix delightful! -XOXO, Tina"

Now if you're curious how Stitch Fix works you can check out my first blog about it here.  And if you'd like to schedule one of your own you can use my referral code to get started!  

Now let's get into the good stuff!

RD Style Ridge Zipper Detail Cowl Neck Sweater - Small - $64


I wasn't immediately awed by this piece when I took it out of the box.  The color is great for fall/winter, and I currently do own a couple of pieces that are maroon which I do tend to gravitate towards.  I liked most of the features about it, such as the zippers on the sleeves and the cowl neck, but I wasn't sure about the hemline.  As I tried it on, I was just hoping that it would fit over my bump for starters.  


And here is the hemline that I'm unsure about....one side was slightly longer then the other.  I just don't know how I feel about it.  


Overall, I was just kind of underwhelmed by this piece once I had it on.  It was nice and comfortable, but then I asked myself would I love it when I'm not pregnant?  I don't know that I would.  Plus, I just couldn't get over the hemline!  It just didn't seem deliberate enough for me to get into it.  

Verdict - RETURNED

Look by M Alpine Plaid Wrap Scarf - One Size - $44

When I saw that I had a scarf in my Fix I was really excited!  I haven't had one before, and this is definitely the time of year to use an actual scarf!  


I love the color and the feel of this scarf.  It was SO soft and really just a beautiful plaid.  When I opened it up though...it was huge!  I feel like it's about as big as a blanket.  The style card suggested that I do the traditional scarf knot, which I did try.


I don't think it looks so bad from the front.  It just looks like a warm bulky scarf.  But from the side I feel like I've got WAY too much stuff out in front of me.  Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but I just don't like the final look.  I think I need a longer neck and torso for this to look better, or maybe I need to style it differently. More like a blanket scarf.  I just still think it's too much for my little self. 

Verdict: RETURNED

Madigan Copolla Elbow Patch Maternity Knit Top - Small - $54

The scarf pictures bring me to the next item in my Fix.  This was my first actual maternity item in a Stitch Fix.  When I took it out I thought it was pretty thin, but it's not see through.  I have a lot of grey so I thought to myself...more grey, but when I turned over the sleeve to reveal the patch, I was SO excited that they were red flannel!  LOVE it!  I knew right away that I was going to love this shirt once I put it on.  I was actually already doing calculations in my head.  


So guess how it went down...I LOVE the shirt!  I love how it's form fitting and hugs my bump really well, but there is still a lot of room to grow because it is fairly stretchy.  Tina suggested that I pair a cardigan with this, but I just can't cover up the sleeves!  This is a shirt you need a vest with for sure!  The only bad thing I have to say about this shirt is the price.  Since this is our last baby, I just don't know if I can justify spending $50 on a shirt that I can only wear for another couple of months.  As disappointed as I am for having to do it...I had to send this one back :(

Verdict: RETURNED...but very sad about it :(   Maybe there is a shirt like this that is non maternity for after baby comes...


41Hawthorn Abrianna Longsleeve Knit Cardigan - Small - $48

I immediately loved the color of this cardigan, but thought that it was just ok.  It's a very thin cardigan which upfront I thought wasn't going to be very practical for the winter months.  Again wasn't super impressed, but I've gotta give everything a try, right?!


I actually ended up liking it a lot once I tried it on.  It was a good length and it wasn't overwhelming like some cardigans can be on my body.  A part of me feels like I should have kept this cardigan because I think I could have gotten some good use out of it.  Maybe something like this would be better to get in a spring Fix.  I'll have to keep this in mind for later.

Verdict: RETURNED


Street Level Juno Small Folded Clutch - One Size - $38

I am an accessory person for sure.  I LOVE me a nice purse, and I must confess I've kind of become a purse snob to some extent.  I have been wanting a metallic clutch for some time now to use on date nights or more specifically to use for holiday parties that are coming up!  I figured I'd ask for one and see what I would get.  Well, I got this little number...


When I took it out of the packaging the first reaction I had was boy this is heavy!  I love the color and the gold accents on it.  One of the best things about it is that it can be used as a clutch or a cross body/over the shoulder bag!  It comes with this really awesome braided chain that is VERY heavy duty.  That's probably where most of the weight I was feeling is coming from.  Think about the possibilities though!  Such a great feature.


Then on the inside of the purse, it is nicely lined and has so much space!  It has 2 zipper pockets and an open pocket in the back.  The closure is magnetic which is probably my favorite kind of closure for this kind of a bag.  Basically I think this bag can carry anything that I would want for a night on the town.  It's not going to be my mom bag, but it definitely will serve it's purpose.  I can't wait to use it this weekend!

Verdict: KEPT


So, as you can see I had a lot of great options in my Fix this month.  Even though I only ended up keeping one piece, I waffled on basically the rest of the box.  I think Tina just gets me, and that's what I love about Stitch Fix.  I have heard conflicting reviews from people, but I think once you find the right stylist you are golden...just like my new clutch :)  

Next month is going to be a little harder.  I'm going to be testing Tina since I'm pretty sure i'm going to be huge, and I'm basically refusing to buy anything that I can't wear postpartum.  I've got some more accessories in mind for my next box since I had good luck this time around with my first Fix with any accessories.  I call that a win in my books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment