Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Main Floor - Kitchen

I talked a bit about our basement level of our new home, but I haven't shared about the upstairs/main level.  So here we go.  The main level is basically the living area.  This consists of the usual rooms like the living room, dining room, kitchen and a bathroom.  We also have our master bedroom suite, what is going to be baby #3's room, our office, and a really great mudroom for Brett when he comes and goes.

The main living area is awesome and large.  I'm so excited for it b/c there is just so much space for our family to spend time in together.  I honestly can't wait to get furniture in it, but that'll come.  All the paint colors are from Sherwin-Williams from their HGTV Collection called Liveable Lux if you're interested.  The first picture gives you a good idea of the whole space looking out from the kitchen.  I love how the cabinets turned out and the flooring.  I LOVE the counter tops which are quartz.  I went with the quartz counter tops for many reasons, but my top 3 reasons are:

                                 1. I love the look
                                 2. They are low maintenance (meaning I don't have to seal them)
                                 3. They are nonporous 




The next thing that I'm in love with is my kitchen sink.  I don't know if this is a great picture of it, but it is a slate sink, which being a geologist i love having natural stone in my home.  The coolest part about this sink is that it was custom made for our house!  That sounds expensive, but when I was comparing it with other stone sinks it really wasn't much different.  This sink was created and shipped all the way from Maine from a company called Sheldon Slate Products.  They were so very wonderful to work with and I would do it again in a heartbeat if i had something like this again that I wanted to create.  It's beautiful and I can't wait to actually get to use it!


Another piece of the kitchen that I thought was really amazing, but most of you probably will think I'm silly, are the under cabinet lights.  I knew that I wanted them from the get go, but I figured that they would be these big cluncky light fixture like things.  Well...I was wrong.  It's a tiny little stick on strip of LED lights, and boy are they bright!  I am always going to be able to see what I'm doing in my kitchen, that's for sure!


Now that's I've gone over the basics of the kitchen maybe I'll wait and tell you all the rest of the things I love about the main floor another day :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment