Thursday, September 10, 2015

Baby Bump: 18 weeks

I'm 18 weeks pregnant this week.  I know people say this all the time, but i truly can't believe how quickly it's all going by.  Things have been going really well up to this point, which i am very thankful for.



How I'm Feeling:  As I said, I've been feeling pretty good.  I've been having some, what I would say, normal aches and pains.  I've also been having some more hip pain throughout the day, so I know things are happening in there.  I have the worst hip pain when I'm pregnant, so I'm definitely not looking forward to this, but I also know that it won't last forever.  Something else that I've been experiencing a lot this week is that i'm SO hungry!  I want to eat all the time, and I really think I could do it.

Sleep: I have actually been able to get good rest lately.  I'm expecting this to end shortly, but for the time being i'm enjoying every good night sleep I get.  I'm ready for the cooler temperatures to set in to help with my sleeping as well.  I always sleep better when it's cool and I can get all bundled up in my blankets.  As Brett would say I create a nest in the bed.

Movement: I've been feeling movements for a couple of weeks now, and they are just getting stronger and more regular.  I definitely feel little pokes every day.  That part has been fun so far because they are such nice little pokes, and it's fun to know that the baby is ok in there.

Food Cravings: This whole pregnancy I have wanted savory and salty foods.  I'm starting to get back into my usual cravings of sweets just a little bit.  Just the other week I had a weird craving for Mexican food.  I never want to go out to a Mexican restaurant, so that was so weird for me, but I really wanted the beans and food smothered in cheese.  I think we might have to go back sometime too because just thinking about it is making me want it again.

Maternity Clothes: I've been in mostly maternity clothes for awhile now, probably for about a month.  I can still wear some pre-pregnancy tops, but definitely not bottoms.  Baby bump #3 pops out a lot quicker.  This week, I've decided that I'm already bored of all my clothes.  Not good.  I'm hoping that it's just because the majority of my maternity wear is for winter, and it's been decently warm out still.  I believe that's all coming to a close here though, so hopefully I will be happier with what I have over the next month.  We will see if I'm correct.

What am I looking forward to: I'm really looking forward to being 20 weeks.  Half way there!  We also will have our anatomy scan on September 24th.  It always eases my mind once the doctor has taken a look and we know that things are happening the way that they should be.  It's coming up so fast!

Other: I bought our first baby #3 purchase.  We don't need much because we have two already (one of each), but there are still a few things that the baby will need for itself.  Therefore, I purchased a couple of nice soft blankets for this little one.  I really love the Carter's Boa Blankets because even after you wash them a bunch of times they stay so nice and soft.  I purchased two, one with monsters and one with an elephant and a giraffe.  First purchase in the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment