Thursday, September 17, 2015

Main Floor - Everything else...kind of

The rest of our home consists of the master bedroom, an office, what eventually will be our guest bedroom, a guest bath, the mudroom, and of course the living room and dining room.

Once again the color palette came from Sherwin-Williams.  It's their Liveable Luxe color palette from HGTV.  I just love how it's so calming.  We pretty much used all LED recessed lighting which i LOVE!  It's so bright in the house, whether it's natural light or all the light from the LEDs.  I'm going with what I call a rustic chic look, so right now it's hard to see my vision probably.  Once we get some furniture and stuff in the house, hopefully it'll make more sense.  I love the chandelier i finally landed on.  I actually got it off of Amazon.  I'll have to get a closer picture of it when we go back to the house next.  It's a cool rectangle light with lots of crystals dangling off.  I was kind of surprised that Brett was ok with it!  Score for me.


I actually don't have any finished pictures of the office, but right now it really just looks like a square room with a window in it.  There are french doors leading into the room at are pretty awesome...so i guess i'm going to have to do a better job at taking pictures.  It seems that I just snapped overall pictures, but nothing much for the details at this point.  I'll fix that and get back to you.

Our master bedroom is awesome.  I'm not going to lie.  I'm super excited to decorate it and live in this awesome space that is just for me and Brett!  Obviously kids will invade...but maybe we can have it to ourselves for a few minutes at least.  I am excited that we decided to go with a dark blue for the paint color as well.  this is probably the only color that we didn't choose from the Liveable Luxe color palette.  This is a Sherwin-Williams color and it's called Naval.  We figured it's a big room with lots of light, let's go for it!  


Our master bathroom turned out really well too.  It's fairly simple (meaning it has just the normal bathroom things in it), but it's definitely going to be the biggest bathroom that I've ever owned.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the shower turned out.  It's exactly what I had envisioned.  I love the tub too because I envision myself spending a lot of time there sans children.  Who am i kidding...they're probably the ones that are going to be spending the most time in my bathroom.  The only part that I'm not 100% sold on is the step going into the bathtub.  I just don't know if that was necessary.  It looks nice, but i probably could have done without it as well.  




Then, the last finished pictures I have of are the main floor guest bathroom.  I think it turned out pretty well.  I love all the tile that we ended up picking out, which we purchased from Wyoming Flooring and Tile Outlet.  They were really great to work with and very helpful too.  



One thing that I do have to say is that it's super hard to build a house when you live 6 hours away.  I say that because there are so many little things that I wish I would have had more control over.  Things that I never would have thought about otherwise, such as light switch and outlet placement, the location of my doorbell, and just little things like that that make your house the way you want it.  Don't get me wrong because I'm definitely not going to complain about those little things and I LOVE our home, but it definitely would have been nice to have just a little bit more control.  

Ok, so I guess this post didn't really cover the rest of the main floor because I just don't have pictures of everything.  I guess my goal for next time is to actually get pictures of the finished mudroom, and just random other details in the house.  So next time I write a post about our home, I will have some more of the more interesting details that are within it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment