Monday, March 30, 2015

Our House: The Beginning

My Husband (H) and I have been talking about building our home since we got married.  Last year we finally pulled the plug.  We found a bunch of local contractors to help in the matter.

The first decision was figure out where exactly we wanted to build our house.  I know H had thought about it a lot over the years, so we started with that.  When we finally decided on the location, we had the earth moved.  It was such a crazy day, and I'm thankful that we actually got to be there that day and take part in the ground breaking.  It all started in April 2014.  Almost a year later, our home is pretty much completed.


Here it is in the beginning.  This is ground breaking day.  It was a pretty nice day at the end of April.  We had some idea of the orientation we wanted the house.  Once we got the contractor and the dirt mover up there we had to make a few changes.  On that day, I wasn't exactly excited about that changes, but now that it's there, I don't mind them at all.  There was also concern about the location of the garage.  Originally, we were going to connect the house and the garage, but...the house ended up being a little to long for the location to be doing this.  This is also a decision that I am ok with since it's still VERY close to the house.  


It was a very surreal day.  We were finally starting this whole thing.  Now that I look back at it all, I would definitely have done a few things differently, but overall I am so excited about what we have created.  






No comments:

Post a Comment