Thursday, April 7, 2016

Trunk Club Review #1 Update and Trunk #2 - March 2016

For those of you that read about Trunk Club, I thought I should update you on the process after you return your first box.  So here we go!

I really liked and considered buying three pieces from my trunk, but I'm on maternity leave and I just can't justify buying a whole lot of things right now.  I still kind of regret sending them all back and I've though about having my stylist send them to me in a new trunk, but that's for another day.  So, once I tired everything on and decided what I was going to send back you go on the Trunk Club website and check out.  The check out is set up like this on your PC.  I actually checked out on my phone and it was a bit different.  My stylist also wanted to chat about my thoughts on this trunk, so when she called me I told her everything I thought in more detail.  I don't believe all stylists make a personal call though.  On the call she also set up a pick up for UPS to come and get my box at my house!  Talk about making things convenient for me!

Once we wrapped up the first box she wanted to send a new box to try to pinpoint my style a bit more.  I actually liked the first box fairly well, so I was hopeful that the second box was going to be bomb!

About a week after I sent my box back I got a new one.  I once again got a preview of the box and got to take things out of it.  I decided to let her send most of it because a lot of the things in the box wouldn't have been things that I would necessarily pick out for myself.  I thought I'd give it a try.  She sent me a lot of dresses.  I think she was still hopeful to find me something for Easter.


I actually was so underwhelmed with this box that I didn't take any pictures but I'll show you and tell you what was in my box and my personal thoughts on them.

1. Dolce Vita 'Gisele' Espadrille Wedge - $90

I love a nice espadrille wedge sandal, and I actually have a few pairs, so I was interested in this shoe because I don't have anything like it.  Overall, it just wasn't me.  Besides that in the heel area it rubbed really badly, and I'm not into buying shoes that hurt from the get go.


2. Vince Camuto Crepe A-Line Dress - $148

When I first took this out of the box I thought that this could be a winner.  It's very basic and classic which is very much my style for dresses, especially if I'm going to spend a significant amount of money on it.  What really made me excited about this dress and a few other things in this Trunk was that it is a petite.  Perfect!  For me though, I needed to go up a size, and I didn't really like the wide neck line.  

3. Caslon Crewneck Poncho Sweater - $64

I actually was surprised that I liked this shirt.  I still didn't like the colors, but this would be a great shirt for summer.  It is a light and airy type of sweater and it wasn't too boxy.  I think I would totally want this in the navy blue and I see it comes in a petite!  So i would try that one and I would probably really really love it.

4. NYDJ 'Leann' Stretch Boyfriend Jeans - $124

I'm going to say up front that I loved all of the jeans that my stylist sent me. They fit very well, and had just enough stretch.  I like that in a jean.  I just don't know if I'm ready for the price tag though.  I really want to lose some more weight before I drop 100 bucks on some jeans.  I am going to keep these in mind though because after trying on a nice jean they actually do fit differently.  Plus it's nice to actually have petite options that fit well.  These would be perfect for spring/summer though!  I don't really wear shorts, so I am in the market for a nice cropped jean.

5. A by Amanda 'Shelly' Woven Popover Dress - $88

Everything was wrong with this dress for me.  The cut was just plain awful.  This is made for someone that is tall and skinny which I am neither.  The top was way too big especially in the shoulders, and it did nothing for me.  The color was really the only thing that I was ok with.

6. Pleione High/Low V-Neck Blouse - $68

This shirt was ok.  It was too big on me for sure.  I see on the website that it comes in petite.  I'm kind of confused why my stylist wouldn't send me things in petite sizes if they have it?  I probably would have loved this shirt.  I guess I'm going to have to have a chat with my stylist and let her know that I really am interested in petite sizes if available.  Bummer.

Besides the fit, this shirt was cute and would be nice for spring because of the wonderful floral pattern.  

7. AG Ankle Super Skinny Jeans Coal Blue - $168

Again the jeans are awesome but the price is too high!  I don't know what I'm willing to spend on jeans/pants right now actually.  I either need to lose some weight or realize that I'll be here for awhile.  I'm not there yet.  These jeans were really great though.  Nice and skinny and a wonderful color. 

8. MICHAEL Michael Kors 'Wax Print' Tank Style Jersey Maxi Dress

This dress I worried about right when I saw it in my preview but I wanted to give it a chance.  It is WAY too long for me.  I would have to wear super high heals or hem it up to make it work.  I just don't love it that much.  Plus the fabric was very heavy I thought for a summer dress.  

9. Converse Chuck Taylor Low Sneaker - $50

I told my stylist that I wanted a pair of casual tennis shoes that I could just wear around.  I know a lot of people love Chucks, but I don't know if they're for me.  I know that white isn't for me though.  100% sure on that one.  Besides all that even though she sent my usual size they were really large.  So I would need probably a size smaller.  The price was good though.

10. Halogen Three Quarter Sleeve Cardigan - $28

I was actually really excited about those cardigan for a lot of reasons, but the main one was that I really kind of liked the pattern.  When I opened up my box though it was a plain white cardigan.  I was like what is this?  So I was kind of bummed.  They do sell a lot of fun patterns on the website though. That's one thing that I would like the preview to be accurate on what they are sending your way.  It doesn't say size or color or anything like that in the preview.  Things to work on. 

11. Paige Denim 'Verdugo' Crop Skinny Jeans Ultra White - $189

I don't currently own any white jeans, and I have been thinking about owning a pair for summer.  This was an exciting thing in my box as I've never even tried any on before.  I really liked these, but once again the price.  If it weren't for the price, I probably still wouldn't have gotten these because they were somewhat see through, and I'm not digging that.  I think I would want my white jeans to be a little bit thicker.  I do like the crop though.

12. Vince Camuto Floral Print Shift Dress - $83

This dress came to me in a petite size!  I was super excited about these petite sizes.  This dress was nice and fit well for the most part.  It was a bit snug in the hips, so I probably could go up a size if I were going to keep this one.  I don't wear a lot of black, but I liked the floral pattern.  The price point was great though.  I guess I'm kind of into the Vince Camuto dresses.

13. Halogen Double V-Neck Shell - $48

This fit ok.  It was kind of big in the shoulders once again.  It also comes in petite on the website, so once again why stylist!? I would have probably really liked this one too!  I am not sure about the pattern though, and there are plenty of others to chose from on the website.  There are a couple that are really cute!  


14. Halogen 'Dylan' Espadrille Flat - $90

I wanted to try these on, but they just weren't me.  I wanted to like them on me.  I didn't like the black.  I like the edge that they have to them though.  I do like to incorporate a bit of that every once and awhile.  


That was my 2nd trunk!  There were some great pieces and some not so great pieces.  Overall I have to say that I wish my stylist would send me everything in petite sizes.  If they make it that's probably what I want.  I'm only 5' 2", so petite is me.  

I ended up sending everything back again.  I do like the service overall and I think it could be really great!  

A couple weeks ago I got a note from my stylist telling me she has a new position and won't be doing Trunk Club anymore, and then she introduced me to my new stylist.  I'm thinking maybe this could have been some of the deal with my trunks not being 100% ideal.  I am hopeful that my new stylist, Heather, will be spot on!  I'll be in contact with her again once I start back at work and have a bit more money to spend on fun things like clothes and shoes.  Watch for more Trunk Club from me next month.

If you'd like to try out Trunk Club for yourself use my referral code and try out Heather.  The great thing about Trunk Club is that they style men and women of shapes and sizes.  It's a free service, unless you buy something of course.  Check it out and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment