Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Stitch Fix Review - March 2016


First I have to say YAY!  I'm back into the Stitch Fix groove, and I'm so excited about it!  My last Fix was in January, about a month before I had my precious little girl.  Now I've lost a lot of my baby weight (I've still got about 10 lbs to go), and I'm feeling good!  Now that I'm done having kids, I'm ready to figure out what my style is in my 30's.   I know that I really want some better quality pieces, which I believe Stitch Fix helps me achieve.  

If you don't know what Stitch Fix is, check out my first blog about it here.  If you'd like to try it out for yourself please use my referral link!

Here is the note that I wrote to my stylist, Tina, this month:


When I opened my Fix, I was SO excited!  I saw the jean jacket that I asked for, plus a bunch of fun colors that I was really excited about.  I told myself this could be a 5/5 if they fit right!  I knew I was in trouble.  Tina also included a couple of things that I had pinned on my Pinterest board!  I love what she does that.  I just know that she's not just throwing things in a box, but she's taking the time to really make it personal for me.  

I was so happy to see that Tina was once again my stylist!  I just love her <3.  I just love how personal my note from Tina is.  She's so sweet.  This was her message to me this month:

"Hello Amie! Congratulations on the new addition to your family.  I took a look at your blog and Olivia is absolutely adorable!  I did size up to a small for a few pieces in this Fix since they would run small around your bust during postpartum (especially if you're nursing).  Let me know how everything fits!  The Liverpool skinny jean is a great staple piece to have.  It's stretchy waistband is perfect for your everyday wear at this time.  Pair it with the 41Hawthorn blouse for a casual Easter outfit.  The Gilli dress is another option.  Try it with the jean jacket if you're feeling chilly, but it would also work with a longer coat.  I noticed that you had both the 41Hawthorn and Olive & Oak tops pinned so they're here for you to try out.  Enjoy the Fix and have a Happy Easter!
 - XOXO, Tina"

So without further adieu...here is my Fix!

Liverpool Mira Skinny Jeans - 6P - $78.00


My first thought on these jeans was maternity.  I just got done wearing elastic pants, but these are actually really great!  I was very impressed.  They remind me of leggings, only they are thick like a jean.  Plus, I was SO excited to see a petite size!  They fit me perfectly as far as length and around.  I would have never picked these for myself.  The jeans that I'm wearing in the rest of the pictures are these jeans.  I seriously almost bought these, but I told myself this month I was only going to keep one thing because I'm on maternity leave and not making as much money as I normally do.  I might have to have Tina send me some of these again once I'm feeling a bit happier with where my body is at.

SENT BACK

41Hawthorn Lisbon Stud Detail Blouse - Small - $58.00

I was super excited to see this in my box.  I absolutely LOVE this shirt.  It's beautiful and the pattern is so cute and versatile.  The material is really heavy which is awesome for a blouse, and I love the stud detail.  A cute little detail that people might miss is on the sleeve.  I love how the opening has so much detail put into it.  So lovely.  


Then I put it on.  I wanted so much to love this shirt, but It was just too big for me.  The shoulders hit me in a funny place and since there is a little bit of a poof on the shoulder it just made my shoulders look really big. 

- Tina if you read this send me an XS next time! :)

SENT BACK



Just USA Anjuli Dark Wash Denim Jacket - Small - $58.00

I saw this jacket on another blog and pinned it on my Pinterest board.  It was another item that I was so excited to try on!  Tina just nailed this Fix as far as what I was asking for.  Whether or not everything fit the way I would have liked it to is another story.  Anyway, this jacket is a very nice heavy duty jean jacket that has a little stretch to it too.  It's pretty awesome all around.  I love the wash and the slight distressing. 


When I first put it on I wasn't sure how I felt about it.  I haven't owned a jean jacket in a really long time, but I see all these pictures of people making really cute outfits with them.  So I wanted to give it a try myself.  This particular jacket has really long sleeves.  I'm actually ok with that for me because I can just cuff them and I think it still look cute.  The first outfit with the dress (which I also got in a Fix) is what I'm going to be wearing for Easter I decided.   

KEPT


Olive & Oak Riddle Crew Neck Top - Small - $48.00

I first saw this shirt on Stitch Fix's Pinterest page for new things out for Spring.  I love the pattern on the fabric.  It for some reason reminds me of minerals.  I know...I'm a huge HUGE dork.  When I opened by box and saw that it was in there...I was once again...SO excited!  I couldn't even wait to try it on, so I didn't put much thought into anything else.


Once I tried it on, I was kind of disappointed.  I think I had built it up so much that when I finally did try it on it just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The thing that I first noticed (that I don't really have a picture of) is that the white is really see through.  Which normally wouldn't phase me at all, but there is like a "bib" on the inside of the shirt around the neck that you can totally see through the front of the shirt.  It's almost like the whole shirt needs to be lined, or see through if that makes sense.  Then upon further thought, I also wish this shirt was a little longer, and maybe even high/low.  And that's saying a lot because I'm short (5'2").  If you're tall or have a long torso this isn't for you.  So overall I was kind of disappointed in a devastating way.

SENT BACK


Gilli Kamile Knit Ruched Dress - Small - $54.00

First reaction - I love the color.  It's for sure the best thing about this dress because I love me a deep purple.  I have seen this dress before on other people's blogs, and I have thought it was cute.  It definitely would be a great spring/summer dress as it's a lighter weight fabric.


My husband actually really liked this dress on me, and I liked most aspects of this dress.  At this time though, it just made me kind of uncomfortable.  The fabric is really clingy which isn't what I want at this time.  I think I need something to hid my "I just had a baby belly" a bit better. I think I would love this dress once I get back into some kind of comfortable shape.  

SENT BACK


So there you have it!  That's it for my March Stitch Fix.  I think it was very successful even though I only kept one piece.  I LOVED all the pieces, so it definitely wasn't because I didn't like what I saw.  I think some of it is because I just don't know what sizes I wear right now, although I have to say that Tina nailed it for the most part.  Now I have to figure out what I would like to see in next months Fix!  

No comments:

Post a Comment