Monday, June 8, 2015

Stitch Fix Review - June





This weekend I received my second Stitch Fix package in the mail.  I tried it for the first time in March and I actually thought that my stylist did a really great job of picking things out for me.  

Now, before I get ahead of myself you might be thinking what in the world is Stitch Fix?  It's one of those subscription boxes that comes to your house, only these you can schedule at your own convenience.  Back in March I thought maybe i'll try it every 3 months or so and see how it goes.  I'm giving it a seasonal try if you will.  How it works is you fill out a style profile to let them know a bit about your style, and be as specific as possible.  I think that's why my first Fix turned out so well.  I gave them a lot of instruction and was really honest when I thought about what colors I like to wear and things like that.  

So, once you've filled out the profile and scheduled your Fix, you pay a $20 styling fee that you can use as a credit when you purchase an item from you box.  They pack up 5 items, whether it be shirts, pants, outerwear, handbags, jewelry...you name it.  It's pretty cool.  

Once the box arrives at your house, you have 3 days to decide what you want to keep and send the rest back in a pre-paid envelope.  It's pretty simple!  If you're interested in trying it out, follow this link.  

SO......let's get started!

This is what the box looks like when it comes to your door.  It's packaged all nicely so that you know exactly what's on your doorstep.  



Then when you open it up there is a little letter just for you and everything is packaged up so nicely.  It's definitely like Christmas for the fashionista.  





Within the envelope is a letter from your stylist and style cards to help you style the pieces that they sent.  


I'm going to be honest and tell you that my initial look at this card kind of made me unimpressed, but I told myself to keep an open mind.  I obviously still tried on everything and you'll see how that turned out...

The first piece I tried on was the THWI Escarpa Embroidered Top.  



When i unfolded it I thought that this one could be cute.  It's pretty on trend right now, and I definitely don't have anything similar to this.  I was intrigued.   Excuse my pictures as I am not a photographer and I'm using my cell phone.  



Then I put it on...it looks like a maternity top.  Just not flatering.  I really wanted this piece to work too, so I was kind of bummed.  SENT BACK

The next piece was Just Black Faye Skinny Jeans.  

I had tagged these on my Pinterest board because I really do want a pair of grey skinny jeans.  So, I was excited that these were in this box.  I tired them on and just did not like the jean.  There was too much stretch in them.  I really like my jeans to have more structure in them.  I just wasn't that into them.  SENT BACK



On to my third piece which was the Paradigma Teddy Pleated Henley Top.

I had high hopes for this top.  I like shirts like this a lot, and I also have a few in my wardrobe.  I like the pattern and colors of the shirt a lot.  So hope was in the air.




Once again, the shirt had too many pleats in front and looked like a maternity shirt on me. Overall it was just too big on me period.  Bummer....SENT BACK

Out of everything in my Fix the Splendid Jina Knit Tank was probably my least favorite.  

It was just too plain.  Even with the key hole in the back, it was just too boxy and blah looking at first sight.  



The fit was fine, but it just wasn't something that I wanted to spend the money one. So this went back too.  SENT BACK

Then finally the Gili Karly Maxi Dress.

When I pulled this out of the box I though, ok this could be something that I could work with. I liked the pattern and I loved the touch of mint green on the inside.  I know nobody is going to see that, but I liked it.  


So i tried it on.  At first I was undecided.  I liked the length since i'm 5'2" and it's hard to find maxi dresses that are made for us short people.  I'm not big on getting things altered unless it's worth it.  


I just wasn't sure about the placement of the elastic.  I know it's kind of trendy right now, but I just don't think it's for me.  My stomach has always been a problem area for me, and after having 2 kids it hasn't gotten better.  Really it just made me uncomfortable, and who wants to be uncomfortable all day when you're trying to be comfortable wearing a maxi dress.  Otherwise if the elastic was a bit higher I probably would have kept this one.  SENT BACK

Overall, this Stitch Fix wasn't as successful as the first.  I kept 2, almost 3 pieces out of my first one.  I had a different stylist this time, and I changed a few things on my profile that I ended up changing back after this Fix.  I think i'm still going to try it again even though my second Fix was a bust.  Maybe the third time is the charm?  

I know this wasn't very encouraging, but I really do love the process.  Plus it's so much fun getting a mystery box of fun clothes and accessories delivered to your house at will.  So stick around and then you can see if it was worth my time in a few weeks when Fix #3 comes to my door.







No comments:

Post a Comment