Thursday, October 8, 2015

Fall Family Picture Outfits

It's that time of year again when I frantically try to put together outfits that coordinate for our family portraits.  My usual tendency is to start figure out outfits in August, but most stores haven't put out their Fall clothing yet, so I have to tell myself to hold off.  Once September hit I was online shopping in full force.

My plan of attack is always to figure out what I want the kids to wear, because they are the focal point in my opinion.  I want them to stand out and look adorable.  Brett and I don't matter so much.  I ended up choosing Alyssa's outfit first from Carter's with some extra help from GAP Factory.


After A LOT of searching and deliberation, I decided that I liked the tunic and legging look the best.  Plus, Alyssa's favorite color is pink, so any way that I can incorporate pink into an outfit I know she's going to love it that much more.   For shoes she's going to be wearing a pair of black booties that I think are very adorable, also from GAP Factory.  They seem to be out of stock though, so I don't have a link for those.  

Luke was a bit easier to decide on.  For his 1 year pictures, I put him in this really cute sweater and LOVED how they turned out.  So, I decided that we are doing another sweater.  He just looks so cute in them, and I don't usually put him in something so dressy I guess.  I mean why would i put him in something like that to just get destroyed at daycare!  We'll save that conversation for another day...anyway.  I got him a really cute pair of jeans and a sweater from GAP Factory.  Luke will also be wearing some cute sneakers from Target.




For the parents in the house, I didn't do a whole lot.  For me personally, I didn't want to buy a whole new outfit b/c I'm pregnant and this is our last so I'm just trying not to get new actual maternity wear.  I did end up going to Target and picked up a pink t-shirt that goes perfectly with the pink in Alyssa's pants.  


Other then that, everything else Brett and I are wearing is just straight from out closet.  All together I think it makes for a pretty great Fall photo session ensemble.  What do you think?  I guess we'll find out next week when we see the actual pictures and how they turned out! And if i decided to make any last minute outfit changes...



No comments:

Post a Comment