Saturday, May 7, 2016

What a Week...

Oh boy!  It has been one crazy week for my family.  I can't even begin to explain how crazy and complicated it has been.  I'll start with last Friday night...


On Friday night, Luke had a mild fever and was acting pretty irritable.  Saturday, Brett took him to Urgent Care.  Luke told the doctor that he had a scrap on his leg, so he got a Bugs Bunny band-aid.  We also found out that he has and ear infection.  So we got him some antibiotics and thought we were done with it.


Sunday things were more noticeable.  I put two and two together and determined that Luke has Hand Foot and Mouth.  What a bummer.  Needless to say, we've been cleaning our house and washing our hands like CRAZY people.  We've also been trying to keep both of the girls away from him as much as possible.

This is the first time we've had this in our home, so we didn't really know what it was all about.  After some research and communication with our doctor, I finally am starting to feel like our home isn't an infected cesspool.  I don't do well with sickness or things that are highly contagious.  It makes me crazy!


For those of you that don't know what Hand Foot and Mouth is, it's basically a rash.  People get it mainly on their hands, feet, in their mouth and on their butt actually.  Luke had it mainly in his mouth and on his butt.  The mouth part made him miserable.  He wouldn't eat or drink for basically a whole day.  We had to force him to drink.  It was so sad.  Everyday it has gotten a bit better though.  I'm glad he didn't have it as bad as some people get it.  I've googled and looked at some pictures.  

Today he is feeling like a million buck basically.  We took him back to the doctor yesterday to get the ok, and he's back at school.  Neither of the girls have gotten it....yet, and I hope that they don't.  Brett and I also haven't gotten it and surprisingly I was less nervous about us getting it then them, and we were the ones touching him!  

The next thing that happened this week I have to give a little bit of back story to.  Basically two weeks ago, the company that Brett and I work for told us that they are going to be laying off 85 people in the offices in our area.  So we've basically just been waiting and waiting to hear what the fate of our jobs are.  It's been roller coaster of emotions for both of us.  

We knew that things were going down this week, and unfortunately we had to take turns staying home with sick kiddos!  What a mess.  Monday I stayed at home with the kids so Brett could go to work and see what was going on.  The layoff started on Monday, but Brett didn't hear anything at that time.  Then Brett stayed home on Tuesday and I went to work.  Tuesday morning I got called in and was laid off.  I packed up my office and headed home at about noon.  

It's so surreal to be laid off.  I have worked for the same company since I got out of school.  It's been 9 years almost exactly.  Brett and I talked a lot about what our options were before any of the layoff even happened.  But now that it's finally here it's just strange.  I've never not had a job like this before, and I've never been laid off before.   

Then we just had to wait it out the to see what was going to happen to Brett.  He went to work on Wednesday and called me at about 1030 to tell me that he was also laid off!  So here we go!  The name of my blog is about to actually take place! 

WE ARE HEADING TO THE RANCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment