Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Olivia - 3 months


I'm a few days late, but Olivia is now 3 months old!  She is getting to be so much fun too.  I feel like she knows that she's not a newborn anymore if that makes sense.  The outfit that she's in in her 3 month picture, all of my kiddos have worn.  I just love it and think it's adorable.  It has tiny giraffes on it.  Such a cute gender neutral outfit.  I might be keeping this one in my keepsake box.

Milestones

Olivia's neck strength is getting so much better.  She loves to be propped up to be able to look at everything around her.  All my kids have been like that.  It's so much easier to hold her now because she isn't as floppy.  That makes such a difference when I'm trying to put together a bottle in the middle of the night.  

I don't want to rush things, but I'm so excited for all the wonderful milestones that are going to be coming up in the next few months!  Things are starting to get fun I feel like.  The first 3 months are definitely the hardest.


Sleeping

Olivia has always been a great sleeper.  This month she has been pretty consistently sleeping a stretch of 6-7 hours.  This typically is her first stretch at night.  It's been great!  Typically she goes down for the evening at 8 and sleeps until 2-3 o'clock.  Since I also went back to work this month I have only been waking up with her every other night.  So I think over all I feel pretty good personally.  

She has been taking probably 3-4 naps during the day.  Typically 2 hour long naps and then one longer 2-2.5 hour nap.  If I wait too long to get her down for a nap though, she is a BEAR.  It's so hard to get her to sleep then.  At daycare, they have had a lot of trouble getting her to sleep.  I think she's just not transitioning as well as I would like her to.

The best thing that has happened all month though is that she slept in her crib!  I was super worried about transitioning her from her Rock n' Play to the crib.  She's just getting too big for the Rock n' Play, so last weekend I decided I was going to try it.  She slept just as long as she did in the Rock n' Play, so I couldn't be more happy!  Way to go Olivia!


Eating

Olivia goes in spurts where she eats really well and then she eats just ok.  This has not been either one of my other kids.  It makes me wonder if she's going to be my picky eater.  At the beginning of the month she was eating between 20-25 oz a day.  The second half of the month, it's been more like 16-20 oz.  She's just such a weird eater.  She's still gaining weight and she doesn't seem to be upset or fussy about it, so we just keep going on with life.  She's just going to be my smallest baby.


Play

It has been so much fun to watch Olivia "play" this month.  She's starting to actually try to grab or hit things that are hanging on her play mat.  She's also started to spin herself around to get a better view of things.  It's been funny to walk away for a second and when you come back she's turned herself sideways on her play mat.  She doesn't like it when she has a dangling toy sitting on her head lol.  

She also will play for a lot longer then she did last month.  She'll hang out on the play mat for probably a good 15 minute as long as she's not hungry or tired.  


Family

This month we didn't go anywhere or see any family, which is alright with me.  It's nice to just be able to stay in sometimes too (this coming from an introvert).    Olivia still is in love with Alyssa.  They just have such a sweet little bond.  I hope they keep it forever.  Olivia puts up with a lot of random "love" that Alyssa gives her.


I LOVE this picture of the two of them.  It gets me all emotional every time I stare at it.  SO sweet!


It's just been so much more fun this month.  I know it's going to feel that way every month, but at the same time I'm going to miss never having a baby again.  I'm going to miss not hitting all of these milestones again.  I am so happy that our family is complete, but at the same time it's sad.  All I know is that I'm going to continue to love, enjoy and cherish every moment with all three of my kiddos.







No comments:

Post a Comment