Sunday, August 7, 2016

Olivia - 6 Months!


She's getting huge!  I just can't believe she's already half a year old.  When did that happen in all the craziness that we've been having this year?  

I know I missed 5 months and I apologize, but things have just been crazy and I still am finding things.  Things are definitely becoming more organized with our life together that's for sure.  I feel like 6 months makes all the difference.

This month she's weighing in at 16 lbs 14 oz, and measuring 25.5 inches.

Milestones

Tons of fun milestones this past month.  She's started really eating foods.  Which she has liked for the most part.  I just started straight out with carrots.  I used baby cereal for the other two to begin with but they all hated it, so why would I do it.  Plus, I've read a lot of things saying that it doesn't really matter what you start them out on.  Carrots it is!  She loved it too.  She's also been eating some puffs and random soft things that I'm also eating.  I've always been more into just giving my kids the real thing verses pureeing everything.


Olivia is MOBILE!  She's started scooching around.  It's kind of an army crawl I guess you might call it.  I like to think of it as an inch worm.  She sure can do it though!  She's fastest when she's not supposed to have it too.  Like when the kids leave a bowl of cereal on the living room floor, or when a remote of cell phone is left unattended.  We're really going to have to get this house baby proofed.  I don't have a gate on the stairs currently.  Thankfully this house is so much bigger than our last and we don't hang out by the stairs at all, but it still needs to get done pronto!


She also had her first ride in the swather ever!  Big moments


Sleeping

We have made SO much progress this month with sleeping.  I couldn't be more happy.  We are finally establishing some sort of routine around nap times.  She's taking 2-3 naps a day, and typically one of those naps will be a really good 2-3 hour nap!  It's been pretty glorious from my stand point.  

As for night sleep, it's been getting better too.  She still has been having 1 wake up a night, but it's been short and to the point.  She's also managed a couple of night where she's actually slept through the whole thing.  So we're getting there.  I'm hopeful that by the end of August she will be sleeping through the night most nights.  

I've started using a music box to help her fall asleep or at least signal that it's bed/nap time for her.  I think that's really been helping her calm down and figure out how to soothe herself a bit.  So for naps she's been putting herself to sleep these days.  It's been magical.  She's taken to it pretty quickly though.  I think sleeping through the nights is just around the corner.

Eating

As I mentioned above, we've started with actual food.  It's been ok, nothing to write home about, but we're making it work.  She likes it a lot, and really wants to eat things.  She's definitely figuring out the swallowing verses sucking thing.  We're getting there.  She's going to be a pro at this soon too.   I just love this age!

Family

Still so many changes going on.  We celebrated her first 4th of July, which she probably could have cared less about but she was there looking cute.


She's also been working really hard at sitting up.


Besides all of those things, she's showing us every day her little personality.  She's been such a fun addition to our family.  Her siblings still smother her with more attention then one little kid should have, but it's all out of love.  What a lucky little girl.  Stay tuned because hopefully next month she'll finally have month than 1 tooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment